Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Passion

I am a very passionate person, whatever I do, I do it with full passion so know that as I tell this new story. About a week ago I had gotten up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and I saw a big spider in my tub. I am not really afraid of spiders but I thought I would get it in the morning. I forgot about it and it disappeared. A few days later I decided to take a bath (I had been taking showers in case you were worried). My bath pillow had fallen in the tub so I picked it up to put it back where it went and the spider was rolled up dead on the back of the pillow, so I thought. I decided to take the pillow to the commode and brush it off. When I did that the thing came back to full life and started running up the pillow toward me, I panicked and dropped my pillow in the commode. I could not get it shaken off my pillow so I went to get a cup to wash it off. When I returned Charlotte was no where to be found. I got my pillow out to wash it and inspected the entire inside of my commode, I mean I didn't want that thing coming back and biting me later! He was gone! Now go forward a few hours. I went to the car wash and was pulling out across a busy street. I had just put an altoid in my mouth when something brown fell from my head and hit my knee. I gasped and when I did I sucked the altoid in to where I was choking myself. I had a choice to make at that point and decided the thing on my knee was secondary to choking, having a wreck and hurting someone so I regained control and got the altoid unstuck before I looked down and saw that what had fallen was a brown earring that I was wearing. It was a lot of drama for one day!
For the last few weeks we have been focusing on worship in our Connect group and Ed has been talking about all the emotion and passion that we have toward everything else in our lives yet we have a hard time showing it toward God. We are concerned about what others might think and get caught up in ourselves. I know that since we have become Pastors I have felt more pressure to conform than to let it all go like I did when we were Youth Pastors. After this spider incident I have seen something in myself, when I get caught up in a moment, I don't care who sees it or who knows. I want many more moments like that with God! I am committing to keep my focus and passion where it needs to be.

1 comment:

mandal said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious. Chad is WAY afraid of spiders too and it makes me laugh. Love ya!