Friday, July 18, 2008

30 years of Marriage and going strong!



We had a wonderful celebration for our 30th Anniversary! Ed surprised me and took me to a fantastic hotel in Dallas for a few days. As we were on our way I had a classic Connie moment. Poor Ed, I can't believe he has survived 30 years of these happenings. I had a little coffee and coke along our way, and decided I better stop for a bathroom. We pulled off the highway to a gas station and I got out. I did not realize how bad I had to go until I stood up. The kicker was that it was raining outside. When the rain hit me it was about all over! I had to stand up against the building like a statue with my legs crossed for several minutes before I could dare move on to the bathroom. Did I mention that we were right on the highway and cars were passing by? Ed is looking at me from the car as I continue in my statue state. He never laughs. I was standing there contemplating where my clothes were located and how I could make the change in the yucky bathroom. Mind you if either of my sisters or Donna would have been there I would have already peed in my pants. Somehow I regained control and made it.
My favorite verse is Proverbs 17:22 "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine". I have nearly overdosed Ed with all of the craziness over 30 years. I can say that this is one of the keys to a great marriage. We laugh A LOT~! We laugh at ourselves and at each other. I have had the best life! God has been so good to me to give me such a great friend and partner for life.
On our anniversary day Ed got up and suggested we get a pedicure together. He has never suggested this before but he loves all pampering as do I. I told him that I wasn't sure that I could acknowledge him as we would be lined up in chairs with a bunch of women. Really what I was thinking was "I will only get to get these half as much now because he will be hooked"! It was a fun experience! The crazy thing was that these people were professional sales people. They kept trying to add on all kinds of other things and when I would say no they would act like they didn't understand english. Ed got a 30 min massage while having his pedicure. I got calus remover, hot wax (oh and they said Ed needed that too) and I could not refuse the flower on my toes! It cost us a pretty penny for all this pampering but it was wonderful. I even got some pictures of Ed during the process.




That night Ed took me to a wonderful Brazilian Steak house. That is where the first picture is from. It was very romantic and wonderful.
Ed has consistantly taken me on dates through our 30 years. Our kids would ask why we had to go without them and we always replied that they would leave someday and we wanted to still love each other when the time came. We are in that time now and I can say that all the dating paid off. I am more in love with this man than ever!
Happy Anniversary honey, I'm looking forward to the next 30!

No comments: