Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April Fools Day!

This seems to have been some sort of holiday for me in the past. I used to love practical jokes. Now I don't have much creativity for them anymore. I thought I would share some fond memories of past days. My favorite done to me: Ed let me sleep late and took the kids to school. Lance was in 1st grade. I was woken up by the phone ringing and it was the school nurse telling me that Lance was in her office with chronic halitosis. I was thinking "OK what do you want me to do, bring a toothbrush?" She went on about the severity. Finally I said "Do you want me to bring a toothbrush?" She said "No this is very severe, he is going to have to go to the dentist". I was stunned but said OK I would come pick him up and hung up the phone. While I was getting ready my sister, Chrissy called and said April Fools! It was so good, I did not recognize her voice at all!!!
The best one I have done. We had just gotten our first Suburban. The kids were in elementary school. I was still learning to back and park. I had to run get gas before school and there I was at the 7-11 when the revelation hit me that it was April Fools Holiday. I called Ed from the pay phone and told him that I had backed into the pump and gas was spewing everywhere. He was panicked and kept saying CONNIE!
I finally said April Fools and he hung up the phone. When I got home Denae informed me that Daddy threw the phone and broke it! The rest of the story.....vengeance has finally come to me many years later. A couple of weeks ago I was in Wal-Mart (which I hate and try to never go there). When I checked out, I ran into a friend who works in customer service. She told me that the sheriff had just called there to say that there was going to be a gang shooting at one of the Wal-Marts today. She then went on with chit chat. I was thinking lady, there is no time for small talk, I've got to get out of here! I started out the door and many people were coming in and I wanted to shout "GET OUT" you are in danger! I restrained from causing a riot in case my information was bad. I found myself walking to the car profiling everyone in the parking lot and basically everyone who goes there looks like a gangster!!! I could not believe the fear that I was feeling. I have purposely been a lot more dangerous places to minister. I got out only to find out later it was a hoax. Ed felt like God had finally smacked me for all the things I have put him through. LOL!
There is a point to this long April Fools message and that is....I could not believe the urgency that I felt wanting to tell people to save their lives as I left. I was very convicted that I do know that people are going to Hell and I don't have that kind of urgency to keep them from going there! I have seen my true colors. Anyway, we are starting a campaign at church called Won by One. I am going to win some!

1 comment:

Olivia Ainsworth said...

Thats really funny I can see where lance gets his jokes lol! The campaign sounds likes its gonna be awesome can't wait to hear about it!
Olivia