Monday, January 12, 2009

I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

We have had a wonderfully amazing few weeks! God has been so good to us! Most of you know that we pioneered a church 2 years ago. It has been a lot of fun and a lot of hard work. There is nothing quite like having to set up and tear down your church every Sunday. We also have been officing out of our house and that has gotten old. There are 2 of us trying to share one office. (To be honest, I took over the office a long time ago and Ed goes to Hastings with his laptop to work and study). Our church has grown to the point that something had to be done. Our leadership agreed that we could rent an office. Ed was out with a realtor looking at space and asked the realtor to check into us leasing the Bergman Building. Here it is:

Now go back 6 months...every time we drove by that building for the last 6 months Ed would say "I think our church should be in there". I would respond every time "Honey, we can't afford that building". Well Ed got a hair brained idea to go forward even with the discouragement I had given him. To make a long story short, we will be having our first service there on February 1st. Everything has come together so fast that I still can't believe it! It is a wonderful building at one of the most visible locations in our city. The owner, Gerald has been so kind to us and shown us so much favor! There have been so many miracles that it would take 2 pages to write them all down. Let's just say that God has been faithful to us and we are living our dream! I am getting to decorate my office and that has been a blast. As soon as I get it done I will post some pics! My thought to leave you with... DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS! Joseph was tested by the promise God had given him by all of the junk he went through to get there. THE PROMISE IS WORTH THE TEST!
Ps 105:17-19
17 He sent a man before them —
Joseph — who was sold as a slave.
18 They hurt his feet with fetters,
He was laid in irons.
19 Until the time that his word came to pass,
The word of the LORD tested him.
NKJV

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww that's awesome, were going to have to come visit ya'll in your new building one of these days! congrats, n always prayin for yall :) liz

Anonymous said...

aww that's awesome, were going to have to come visit ya'll in your new building one of these days! congrats, n always prayin for yall :) liz green

Jamie said...

Congrats! :) I am excited for you guys!! ~Jamie

Anonymous said...

That is fabulous... and we can't wait to come visit in the near future!

Does it matter? said...

Connie,

That's an awesome story. Glad you guys have a new space for the time being.

I missed talking to ya'll.

Take care.

Spencer

Kristi said...

Sydney talks about your office and asks if she can go work there. Because you have "real markers" I guess her 200+ markers dont count!

mandal said...

The church looked awesome Sunday!