Friday, March 13, 2009

What is God Saying to You?

A few weeks ago I had lunch with a few ladies that I don't know well from another church and I asked them the question "What has God been saying to you?". They were stumped. I really like to hear what God is saying in other places for 2 reasons. First, it is really cool to hear that God is basically saying the same thing to the church as a whole. Secondly, I love to give people the opportunity to share what God is saying to them, it builds our faith. It helps us to be ready to minister to others.
Basically what God has been saying to me is "GET READY! The church's best time is about to begin. We cannot be distracted by the fear that is consuming our world or we will miss our great harvest." I am more excited about what is about to happen than when I've gone to Mardi Gras or Hollywood or any street where I have ministered. I can see that this is is going to be the easiest time to share God's love with people.
I have had such a peace during all of this world craziness. I know that I have been prepared for this time. Ed & I have had to live by faith since we have been married. We are not rich but GOD has always provided more than we can imagine! Yesterday I was reminded of a word God gave me the last time I was at Mardi Gras. Another Pastor told me that God was going to give Ed a car. It didn't happen right away so
I forgot about it. Two and a half years later, Ed's car died. It was right before Lance's weddding so we just waited to do anything about it. We came back from Lance's wedding and Ed was given a wonderful car! For years now God has been having me meditate on all the scriptures that say Don't worry, God is going to take care of me. God's grace is new every morning. He will take care of us.
There is nothing more fun to me than joining together with other believers and seeing God use us.
Now I want to pose the quesiton to you "What is God saying to you?"

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good blog Connie! I need to add you to my blog list. I admire how you live by faith and I know God is teaching me to do the same. Thanks for sharing!