Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm remebering!

I have been refreshing my memory of the Passover today, God has really been speaking to me from it. I'm going to try to write a blog a day leading up to Easter.

The passover is celebrating the time when the Hebrew children were not killed during the 10 plagues of Egypt. They had to put aside a lamb to be slaughtered and put the blood over their doorpost, eat the lamb then their houses were passed over, their children were spared and they were able to flee Egypt. This is all accounted in Exodus.

The first night of the Passover is the Seder. There is a lot of ritual to the Seder but the purpose is to recount the Passover. The children are very involved and are encouraged to ask questions. Games are played to encourage the children to learn. It is an all night party of remembering!

I want to have that kind of memory about what Jesus has done for me! Every year at Easter we watch "The Passion". It causes me to remember. Let's take some time to remember.

I am so grateful for what Jesus has done for me. He has taken all of my sins!!!

No comments: